Search Tools Code Library Report
Onix Full Text Indexing and Retrieval Toolkit
Platforms: Portable ANSI C++ (already implemented on various flavors
of Unix including Solaris, Win16, Win32, BeOS, and Mac OS X as well as Mac OS
Price: contact PollardA@Lextek.com
- C++ code library
- Fast indexing, small index sizes
- Quick retrieval
- Flexible queries including proximity operators and wildcards
- Stemming, multiple languages and Unicode support.
- Scales to hundreds of Gigabytes,
- Includes unlimited technical support.
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF) compatibility.
- Related products:
- Profiling Engine for automatic categorization and routing incoming documents.
- Brevity document summarizer
Articles and News
- Adobe Chooses Lextek Onix for Acrobat
Search Engine Press Release, May 28 2003
Adobe will be incorporating the Onix search engine, developed by Lextek, into
Acrobat 6.0. This will make Acrobat documents on hard disks and local networks
easy to search in text and metadata.
Last Update: 2003-05-29
Search Tools Consulting's principal analyst, Avi Rappoport, may be available to help you with selection, indexing and search log analysis, as well as relevance evaluation, user experience testing, and functional search engine work. Please contact us for more information.